Cooperative Activities with Universities
FVB institutes have close links to universities. All Institute Directors and other leading scientists hold professorships at universities – there are 23 joint appointments with Berlin’s universities, namely Technische Universität, Freie Universität and Humboldt-Universität (as of march 2009). In addition to joint appointments, there are also joint research professorships with very unique profiles.
The institutes are involved in several DFG collaborative research centres. In addition, WIAS is one of the partners in the DFG research centre Matheon.
The institutes are involved in teaching not only at Berlin’s universities, but also at the University of Potsdam and the Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg. FVB scientists deliver lectures and help to create new study programmes, such as Veterinarian Medicine at Freie Universität Berlin, run in conjunction with the Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research.
FVB institutes are partners in several graduate schools:
- Leibniz Graduate School of Molecular Biophysics – FMP (coordinator), MBI
- DFG PhD Research Group: Genetic and immunologic determinants of pathogen host interactions; International Max Planck Research School: Infectious Diseases and Immunology; Dahlem Research School; Humboldt Graduate School – IZW
- Berlin Mathematical School – WIAS
- EU Innovative Training Networks – IGB, IKZ, FBH, FMP, MBI, PDI, WIAS
For more information about this topic, visit:
- Verbundjournal Nr. 77 (March 2009)